Monday, May 31, 2010

Back from TEJAS

CHAOS IN TEJAS this year was a blast, thanks to everyone who came out to either or both of the WASTED TIME gigs ... with all of the incredible bands, getting to play was still probably the overall highlight. So thanks to everyone who came out and had a good time.

BASTARD were insane as expected, and MARKED MEN sounded perfect. Surprises of the weekend for me I think were MORPHEME (although I only caught a few songs) and SCAPEGOAT (especially the three song gig, crushing). Seeing all of the boston bands (RIVAL MOB, WASTE MANAGEMENT, OBLITERATION, SCAPEGOAT, MIND ERASER, ETC ETC) multiple times was a pleaser as well. Plus getting to see friends from around the country and the world made for one hell of a trip. Too bad POISON IDEA sucked big time, would have been a nice way to end the weekend. Regardless, extra special thanks go out to Timmy for all of his hard work with the fest.

Slowly starting to get back into the swing of things with the label ... picked up some new releases for the webstore (new MASSHYSTERI LP, new MARKED MEN 7"), so I'm planning on an update very soon!

For new releases, nothing new to report but hopefully in a few weeks I'll have some updates.

Also ... after running GMHQ out of the same apartment for the past five years, I'm finally moving (thankfully into a way bigger apartment) next month. Unfortunately, on top of my personal affects, that's five years worth of overstock releases and distro items built up ... needless to say I have my work cut out for me. I'll probably be shutting everything down for a few weeks while I get everything moved and situated into my new digs. I might also do some long overdue inventory ... we'll see though.

No comments:

Post a Comment