Saturday, July 20, 2013

NIGHT BIRDS "Born to Die ... " Preorder Status

(aka the answer to "why hasn't my order shipped yet?")

I made a post on the Grave Mistake Facebook page yesterday, but figured I'd post the status on the new Night Birds LP here (at the bottom of this post). Yes, I know we had a "July 9th" release date and told everyone that it was "out today!" ... sadly the vinyl did not show up in time. We thought we'd get it that week. The band got their copies rushed, I was unable to get mine. As I'm writing this, I still do not have my copies.  I've always been a bit hesitant to do a preorder for something that isn't in my hands, and while I understand that we told you it would be shipping a couple weeks after the preorder went up, clearly we are running a little behind schedule. Hopefully that couple of weeks doesn't kill you ... chances are it will kill me first!

So, technically, the record is not "out" yet (although it will be available from the band for their upcoming shows and available for order in the webstore, as well as digitally) ... this seems to be par for the course with pressing plants these days. I don't want to nerd out with "label guy" talk or make excuses or point fingers, but the turnaround time on a lot of pressing plants these days has gone from 4 weeks (the glory days) ... to 6 weeks ... to 8 weeks ... to 10 weeks ... to who knows how long. With "Record Store Day" and "Record Store Day part 2" and Beatles Reissues, and who knows what else, I'm sure most labels, both large and small, have been impacted by this at some point.  I'm not trying to make excuses here, that just seems to be the way it goes. We planned ahead on this one, but sadly it wasn't enough. It's unfortunate for all of us that this is the release that has been impacted by these delays the hardest this year, and I appreciate the patience of everyone that has been eagerly waiting to spin this incredible record. I ASSURE you, it will be well worth the wait (hell I'm sure most of you have either downloaded or streamed it by now, so you know I speak the truth).

That being said, thank you for your understanding, patience, and support. I just don't want you to think that I'm sitting on my couch watching TV while these orders stack up ... I love doing this label, I love doing mailorder, I love everyone who checks out one of my releases, I love all of the bands I work with ... it's a regular hippie love fest over here at GMHQ ... not punk at all. But you get what I'm saying ... I'm not some giant multi-employee company, and I'm not some schmuck that's gonna fly to some exotic land with all of your cash leaving you high and dry.  I'm one guy and I'm going to sit here in the heat and sweat it out until I can get this slab into your damn hands ... and that's my summer vacation.  I'm also realizing that now I sound exactly like an Asian Man Records ad.

So that being said, if you have ANY questions about your order at all, drop me an email at gravemistakerecords@gmail.com and I'll get you sorted. Thanks!

Alex

"Hey all of you patiently waiting for your NIGHT BIRDS "Born to Die in Suburbia" LP preorders (both limited and regular) ... we are sadly still experiencing delays with the pressing plant, and although we were able to rush the band their copies for record release shows last weekend, I am still without vinyl for the label. I am not pleased with that fact that I have yet to get these records in your hands and your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated. For those of you who have ordered from me before, you know that I am usually quick as can be with mailorder. This delay is as frustrating for myself as it is for you eagerly waiting to get this record on your turntables, trust me! Once I get the records, webstore orders will be my FIRST priority I promise. Email me if you have any questions about your order. Thanks again to all of you for your support."

No comments:

Post a Comment